Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

My preference is similar, I'd prefer to ship 2.0.57 as it is now rather
than either confuse the whole process by introducing another candidate.
So, unless people revert their votes for release, we can release the
present candidate very shortly after 2.2.2.

Something occured to me Friday, but the very late date of Jim's proposed
1.3.35 tarball makes this possibly unrealistic... wouldn't it make more
sense only to broadcast a single Announcement message (perhaps, next friday)
to make it completely clear to the outside communities when 2.2.2 is released,
that there are updates to 2.0.57 and 1.3.35 for users of this legacy software?

Roy's framed the question (paraphrasing) why the heck continue to release 2.0
versions?  Long answer, as long as it gets votes/attention from the community,
but my personal answer is whenever 2.2.x is what we say it is, "the best
version available".  The moment the bugtraq system and user reports clearly
document that 2.2.x is 'as stable' as 2.0.x, I'm all for mostly dumping it.
I'd also like to see us dump 1.3 in the not-so-distant future, but again, it's
all about how long those stable releases have communities.

Bill