On 5/8/06, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, we all know we get some embarrassing regressions in our new
releases.  PR#39490 in 1.3.35.  Or 2.0.55 being effectively unusable
in a proxy due to PR#37145.  Look at the number of duplicates of
37145 - that's a lot of people with the confidence to report it,
and who didn't find it 'cos it's marked as fixed (despite no fixed
version being released until last week).

We should do better than leaving the users to rediscover and deal with
regressions themselves, once we know there's a problem.  Can I suggest
an Errata page, to list *all* known regressions in current/recent versions,
linked from the main page alongside "Download/New Features/Changelog"?

+1

[REGRESSION] in the changelog might be good too for permanent tracking.

Most useful would be to ship a new version within a small amount of
time that corrects only regressions and has no other changes (if at
all practical; desire is to limit testing concern to speed up
delivery).