On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:45:20AM +0530, Mendonce, Kiran (STSD) wrote:
> If I use TCP socket instead of the default unix doman socket for the
> Scriptsock directive,

How are you doing that? Are you hacking the source?

> before httpd can send it all of the data. But the CGI process has sent
> out the Content Length and another message expected of it to the
> httpd.  Httpd while reading the pipe that it has with the CGI script
> reads the data sent by the CGI process. However, the next read() fails
> because with an ECONNRESET.

If it's hanging around doing nothing for a while, then your kernel will
usually kill a TCP socket after some default keepalive time. Seems
reasonable.

> Given that the CGI process has done what
> is expected of it and that the response has reached httpd, isnt this a
> bug with mod_cgid ? IMO, ECONNRESET should be ignored in this case and
> the response should reach the client.

How exactly is mod_cgid supposed to re-establish a connection with the
CGI?

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]