On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:07:51AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 6/8/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >There are quite a few reasonable alternative strategies for dealing with
> >that kind of scenario. Does the ASF have such a policy as a matter of
> >course, regardless of the severity of such an action?
>
> As that hasn't happened yet, there is no set policy - except that we
> would take it very seriously.

Absolutely, I'm just hoping we'd explore things like licensing for
nominal fee and so on. It hardly matters, it's for another day :-)

One way in which it may be related though, is that in the past we've
made some changes to openssl to get it to compile, and we wondered if
that meant we'd have to put the resulting OpenSSL on tarball on a.o.  We
need to be careful about the patent-encumbant source code those tarballs
contain too. Just something to watch out for.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]