On 6/17/06, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 17 June 2006 09:47, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 06/17/2006 08:57 AM, Alexander Lazic wrote:
> > On Sam 17.06.2006 00:54, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> >> From my current point of view the answer is: No, this is not possible
> >> out of the box.
> >> It may be possible if you modify the hook macros.

yep

Getting inside these macros is what enables diagnostic features such as

a) mod_status display of where a request is being held up
b) pinpoint of the crashing module in a mod_whatkilledus report
c) logging the module and phase where a request was handled/failed in
the access log (put a string in r->subprocess_env for logging when a
module causes the hook run to stop)

> > And do you think that the developer would accept a patch for apache 2.x
> > and would apply it?
>
> Depends on the patch :-). Please take into account that these macros are
> part of apr-util. So this discussion belongs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Currently I have not made any thoughts how these macros could be modified
> in a way such that they play together with httpd logging.

I think you'd be far better off with a generic trace such as strace.
They're made for precisely this kind of thing.

Solaris truss can be used to obtain this type of information.  I don't
know how to accomplish it elsewhere.