why not add proxy hook like scheme handler do to that ?

From: Ruediger Pluem [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:04:55 +0200
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Re: mod_proxy_balancer/mod_proxy_ajp TODO

On 06/19/2006 10:23 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Good to see that PING/PONG got such a good response here.
>>
>> When I added this to mod_jk it was just a quick way to detect hang
>> JVMs but it seems to many on the TC-DEV not a very usefull feature :)
>>

> And may thanks for such a great idea Henri ;)
> Actually its a great way to detect all those
> busy/broken/hanged/disconnected servers.
>
> I'm not sure how we could add that feature to the
> http/https protocol, the Rudiger suggested.

To be honest I currently have no generic idea how to do this without
support from the backend. My point was more about that I would love
to see this health check integrated into the generic code of mod_proxy
and its connection pooling and let the protocol modules provide the code
that actually does the dirty work of the protocol specific aspects of such a
health check. This would make it easy to add health checks for other protocols
/ add better ones for protocols with existing ones. As said currently I would
only see two health check providers:

- CPING/CPONG for AJP.
- A generic TCP connection check.

But this would be open to further bright ideas.

Regards

RĂ¼diger