Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
With such an interface you assume only one process will access to one slot... That is what the scoreboard allows.
Allowing updates from different proccesses on the same slot.
Should we have an ap_slot_read_look() and an ap_slot_unlock() for that?

No. we don't have such for the "built-in" scoreboard. Anything can read the scoreboard, only current "worker slot" can change it. that's why in the "sample" API, to get the memory you pass a conn_rec.

If it's slow, people won't use it. Semaphores are generally "slow." Enforcing it by convention like we currently do seems reasonable.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer