On Jul 13, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Jean-frederic Clere wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

Brian Akins wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

+1. For example, a memcached based scoreboard would be
pretty cool ;)

maybe in "mod_scoreboard" it may use a provider mechanism to actually implement the scoreboard. Maybe have an ap_scoreboard_create_ex where you could explicitly name a provider.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well!

My idea was to have something that could accessed by a non-httpd process...

We need to be careful there... there *is* sensitive info
stored in the scoreboard, and unrestricted access to it
is foolish and dangerous ;)