I would also lean to #1 as this means that once cluster set 0
failed and is back again we are using it again, which seems
natural to me. OTH I guess we need to consider session stickyness
in this case. So sessions that have been migrated to set 1 should
stay there until they vanish or someone knocks them out by disabling
this cluster set (BTW:
<feature-creep>
 will it be possible to disable complete cluster sets via the manager?
</feature-creep>
)and thus forcing them back to cluster set 0.

Regards

Rüdiger