On 8/3/06, Dmitry Butskoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've found that most browsers (Mozilla, IE) send also "Proxy-Connection:
keep-alive" header. IE6 sends it too when uses "CONNECTION ...
HTTP/1.0". This header is similar to ordinary "Connection: keep-alive"
header, which alters the behaviour of (normally connection-close) HTTP/1.0 .

It seems to me that it is Apache issue. Apache ignores
"Proxy-Connection" now at all, but IMHO should handle it properly. (Some
needed code seems to be added to
modules/http/http_protocol.c:ap_set_keepalive() function).

I hope it is some kind of an "easy fix" issue.

Dmitry,

Have you tried something like this (untested, but you
get the idea)?

SetEnvIf ^Proxy-Connection$ (.*) CONN_HEADER=$1
RequestHeader unset Connection
RequestHeader add Connection "${CONN_HEADER}e"

-B