On 10/10/06, Javier Sagrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So, i can write my modules, based on modules that i know will have a
"conflict" with mine using the "if ..."
but that is a little limited, i just find strange that you dont have control
of the order in which the functions are call,

Your example is a little contrived because an auth module already
checked and accepted the userid.

And even more strange, that the inclusion of a function registered with
FIRST, will change the order too.

You're sorting a list and have specified that you don't care about the
position of two things relative to eachother.  Seems reasonable that
their position would change as the overall contents of the list
changes based on implementation of the sort.

Don't get me wrong, being able to influence the hook ordering with
configuration directives sounds cool (e.g. DirectiveXYZ  hook_name
mod_homegrown.c after mod_thirdparty.c) but it doesn't look like
there's a practical problem.

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]