I am due to send a report for the HTTP server project to the ASF
board this Monday, so if you have anything you would like me to
send along then now is a good time to speak up.

Below is what I have so far.

....Roy

=====================

Apache HTTP Server Project
Status report for 15 November 2006

The Apache HTTP server project has had a relatively quiet quarter,
with more time spent on ApacheCon and infrastructure moves than
on the source code.  We have no board-level issues at this time.

In the last three months, we have added Graham Dumpleton to the
PMC and Ian Holsman has resigned to focus on other things.

We started a wiki at <http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/> for documentation
and it seems to have attracted interest in the area of documenting
configuration related instructions for integrating third-party
products with Apache httpd.  We should be encouraging packagers
to use that space as well.

The server project is currently responsible for

  HTTP Server PMC

     |-- httpd
     |     |-- 1.3.x           (active, several committers)
     |     |-- 2.0.x           (dormant, several committers)
     |     |-- 2.2.x           (active, several committers)
     |     |-- trunk           (active, many committers)
     |     |-- win32-msi       (active, one committer)

     |-- httpd-docs            (active, several committers)
     |     |-- httpd-*/docs
     |     |-- httpd.apache.org
     |     `-- wiki.apache.org/httpd/

     |-- apreq                 (active, two committers)

     |-- mod_arm4              (dormant, one committer)

     |-- mod_bw                (dormant, one GSoC)

     |-- mod_cache_requester   (dormant, one GSoC)

     |-- mod_mbox              (dormant, two committers)

     |-- mod_pop3              (dormant, zero committers)

     |-- mod_python            (active, four committers)

     |-- mod_smtpd             (dormant, one GSoC)

     `-- test
           |-- flood           (dormant, two committers)
           |-- perl-framework  (active)
           `-- specweb99       (dormant, one committer)

  Incubator

     `-- mod_ftp               (active, 1-3 committers)

There have been no releases of any of our products since August,
though builds of httpd 2.2.x, mod_python 3.3, and libapreq seem
to be in progress this week.

There are a few things we need to do fairly soon.  First, we need
to clean up the above mess -- there should be a distinction between
release-ready products and various experiments.  Second, we need to
find a way to lower the commit barrier for experiments and decide
where to park the dormant ones.  Finally, we need to open the doors
to rethinking the entire server framework for httpd 3.0, with the
potential for multiple competing alternatives and a serious bake-off.

....Roy