On 1/11/07, Issac Goldstand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     ./configure; make; make install
>
>     We don't deposit a certificate today for Unix.  After considering
>     this a bit
>     more, I agree with jerenkrantz.
>

> True... if you don't enable mod_ssl by default and add a note in the
> conf file It should be rather safe to not include a cert. Pointing them
> to a docs or wiki guide/how to would be a good idea.

I'd agree if mod_ssl is disabled by default, but if it is, why are they
downloading the mod_ssl-enabled installer?

The "stupid user" issue you mention is a great answer here, but not good
enough to disabled mod_ssl by default if there are seperate SSL and
non-SSL installers.

Good point on this, it makes no sense to have mod_ssl disabled in the ssl
binary. My silly mistake.

--
~Jorge