Akins, Brian wrote:
In our home-grown cache module, the "rules" are actually provider based.  We
have providers that provide matches based on exact match, string match,
regex, prefix, environment variable, and other assorted things.

Something like:

CacheEnable disk regex=\.gif$ ignore_query
CacheEnable disk prefix=/somethingelse foo=bar
Cacheenable mem  exact=/strange/stuff.asp
CacheDisable regex=\.php$

Default "match provider" could be prefix to allow users to still do:

CacheEnable disk /cache_me

That would be very useful in our setups (as reverse caching proxy). Although it would be nice if the "normal" options would set the default and the extra options or rules (maybe comma seperated?) would override them. Maybe something like:

CacheIgnoreNoLastMod Off
CacheEnable disk regex=\.gif$ IgnoreQuery=on,IgnoreNoLastMod=on

Regards,

Bart