On Feb 14, 2007, at 3:06 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Hey Dirk or Sander(s) - can we have a few cool sounding easy to spell
place names from the Amsterdam area?

My delightful pleasure. We can really go to town on this. Like, neighborhoods and places in Amsterdam:

Jordaan
Vondelpark (most certainly minfrin)
De Pijp
Transvaal
Watergraafsmeer
Osdorp
Betondorp
Bijlmer
Zwanenburg

Or towns around Amsterdam

Zaandam
Purmerend
Amstelveen
Duijvendrecht
Abcoude (where I grew up)
Diemen

Of course we don't have to stay in Amsterdam. As the poet, and nighttime Mayor of the City of Rotterdam, Jules Deelder once put it:

Beknopte Topografie van de Rijnmond

Rotterdam
Schiedam
Vlaardingen
Maassluis
Hoekie om
Trappie af
Gekkenhuis

Of course we could call it "The Oosterdok Project" and be very circumspect about it for a year or so.

S. (Oosterdok is where our hotel is)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.temme.net/sander/