William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> On 3/20/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> httpd does not ;-)
>> httpd the project (vs. apr, apr-util), not httpd the program (vs.
>> htdbm, htpasswd)
>>
>> as in "In httpd, we don't call crypt(), we call APR..."
>
> So... what I suggest is;
>
> 1. use the same test from htpasswd to determine if crypt is used for
>    htdbm from 2.0 - 2.2-branch.  E.g. which platforms?
>
> 2. use the APR_HAVE_CRYPT_H just to decide to include crypt.h, and the
>    UNISTD test for unistd.h.
>
> 3. for trunk (2.4) forwards, add a new macro to APR trunk (1.3.x) that
>    would 'reveal' if apr_password_* API's include crypt() support.

Missed one

4. on trunk, complete the apr_password_* API's such that crypt() isn't
   needed by an app.

With apr[-util] drawing in openssl as of 1.3.x, I plan to pick up the
openssl des_crypt implementation.  Platforms other than unix'es will
be able to handle crypt passwords, and we can pitch the ones with the
crypled crypt() implementations :)