Thanks for the clarifications.

But this means that we break the ABI here. If struct proxy_balancer is part
of a public API (I am not sure about this) this would require a major bump
and would prevent backporting.

> >    Why is FOO stored in balancer->sticky-[2]? Is it because
> stickysession="FOO"
> >    is the 3rd occurrence of stickysession for this worker
> or is it because of
> >    the name "FOO"?
> >

> Because it's a third occurrence. This is to keep the
> compatibility with
> current configurations users may have.
> In case one is not present it will be skipped during the
> find_session_route.
>
> > 7. What is the purpose of [E] [e]? Where will you search
> for balancer->sticky[2]?
> >    In r->subprocess_env?
> >

> Needs to be added. (a simple check for r->subprocess_env)

But r->subprocess_env is a table and apr_table_get is never case sensitive.
So the case parameter does not make sense for environment variables.
To be honest I do not understand why we need the case parameter at all (also
for cookie and path). I did not understand the hint you gave regarding PHP
and ASP on Jean-Frederic's question on the same matter.

Regards

Rüdiger