The Apache apreq libraries have that stuff:

include/apreq2/apreq_util.h:APREQ_DECLARE(apr_size_t) apreq_encode(char *dest...

include/apreq2/apreq_util.h:APREQ_DECLARE(apr_status_t)
apreq_decode(char *dest...

The apreq tools are pretty useful.

On 6/1/07, Frank Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/1/07, Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 7:53 AM, Frank Jones wrote:
>
> > Is there a function in the APR or elsewhere that performs URL
> > encoding/decoding (aka percent-encoding)? I've searched all over for
> > one but haven't found anything. mod_security has these functions but
> > it doesn't export them for some reason.
>
> It takes about 20 lines of code to implement.  -Tim

Yeah, I know. I almost put a disclaimer on my original question that I
knew this was an easy function to write. strlen is also a very easy
function to write, but I prefer not to reinvent wheels, even very
small ones :)

It just seems a little strange to me that this kind of functionality,
which I suppose most module developers need, and which you correctly
point out is so easily implemented, is not provided by the APR.