On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:06:11AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> That said, have you considered a design where there are separate pools
> of processes per-user, and these would be dispatched after the headers
> are processed to the appropriate child?

Yes, I have considered it briefly, and it's just beyond my reach. The biggest
problem seems simply to be dispatching all the state; it seems like all
modules running pre-parse would need to be able to serialize/deserialize
state, or optionally split parts of the modules out into separate helper
daemons. This seems to be rather difficult, which is probably part of the
reason why perchild never took off.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/