On 13.09.2007, at 18:27, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Erik Abele wrote:

On 11.09.2007, at 19:26, Jim Jagielski wrote:

I actually work for a company which is currently working
out the logistics of open sourcing and donating our
SNMP module. It would serve as a nice base to start
from.

Nice! I'd be happy to involve myself here too and provide patches, docs and also test the stuff; don't have the time (or interest) to start something from scratch though...

Our pref, of course, would be to follow what we did with
mod_ftp and donate it to the ASF and the httpd project.

Sure, makes sense to follow that example and start in the Incubator; happy to give my +1 then and join the PPMC etc...

We're in the process of cleaning up all the legal aspects
and some code cleanups before we ping the PMC about it... ;)

Cool :)

Cheers,
Erik