On ons, 2007-10-03 at 13:29 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> The issue here is that mod_dav_svn generates an ETag (based off rev
> num and path) and that ETag can be later used to check for conditional
> requests.  But, if mod_deflate always strips a 'special' tag from the
> ETag (per Henrik),

That was only a suggestion on how you may work around your somewhat
limited conditional processing capabilities wrt filters like
mod_deflate, but I think it's probably the cleanest approach considering
the requirements of If-Match and modifying methods (PUT, DELETE,
PROPATCH etc). In that construct the tag added to the ETag by
mod_deflate (or another entity transforming filter) needs to be
sufficiently unique that it is not likely to be seen in the original
ETag value.

It's not easy to fulfill the needs of all components when doing dynamic
entity transformations, especially when there is negotiation involved..

Regards
Henrik