On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:17:23 +0200
Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please check that your patch does not fall into the traps I mentioned
> in
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200709.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]

Yesterday's discovery that suddenly makes this look easy, is that
we're talking about a canonicalisation happening in fixups, long
after the security-sensitive parsing of incoming URLs.

I'm currently concentrating on the forward proxy.  The reverse
proxy is different, and the code path in question is already
slightly different for it.  Testcasing that is the main
remaining TBD.

BTW, I should've added: a good forward proxy testcase is the URL
posted by the reporter in PR#42592.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/