On Nov 12, 2007, at 11:34 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

I've added mod_serf in r594425:

I've grown exceptionally... tired of looking at mod_proxy. mod_serf is
nice and tight at 440 lines or so.

With just a little more work, I think it could be a production level
reverse proxy.

Oh yeah, and death to ProxyPass, ProxyPassMatch and all similar
directives that should just go inside Location Blocks.  mod_serf will
put everything inside a location block like this:

<Location /foo>
  SerfPass http://www.exmaple.com/
  SerfPreseveHost On
  SerfReversePass off
  SerfTimeout 5
</Location>

So no more semi-global configurations options like mod_proxy has.

Thoughts?

At the very least, this is super cool since it provides
a code-based usage "guideline" on using serf within httpd.
It does seem a lot leaner than mod_proxy, but then again, mod_proxy
is more than "just" a reverse proxy impl but more a framework
for backend connections...