I have a need to possible add more variables to mod_include (ie, DATE_LOCAL,
DOCUMENT_URI) and also to have the variable act like tables.  Something like
"$CNNVAR{foo}".  I was thinking that we could have get_include_var (and
others) to use providers.  Mod_include would only provide providers for the
"normal" SSI stuff, but it would allow others to extend and/or replace them.

Pseudo code:

get_include_var(var, ctx) {
    /*do the regex stuff*/

    /*parse out var and key from $foo{bar}, if present*/
    if(provider = ap_provider_get(var)) {
        provider->do_stuff(var, key) /*key may be NULL*/
    } else {
       /*error*/
    }
}