mod_ftp fans;

At last, I came up with a trivial strategy for doing autoconf-like
tests, using nothing except apxs & httpd/build/ elements, so mod_ftp
is really ready for feedback across any platform.

Please fetch up the newly prepared httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.0.tar.[gz|bz2]
(and its md5/asc sigs) from:

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/mod_ftp/

review, take it for a spin, and cast your choice

  [ ] -1 for release of 0.9.0
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.0-alpha
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.0-beta
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.0-beta, and ready to tag GA (1.0.0)

See http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/tags/0.9.0/STATUS-FTP
identifying several issues (I don't plan to vote for better than -beta
just yet).  Supporting -beta means +1 to -alpha instead if that's the
majority opinion.

For getting started,

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/tags/0.9.0/README-FTP

describes the various ways you can use this package; note that there are
no netware comments yet, so I decided to move ahead with a tarball, in the
expectation that these comments would be added later.  I'm sure working
around the -DFTP_APXS_BUILD plus setting up an appropriate ftp_config.h
for out of tree netware builds won't be that hard.  For in-tree netware
builds it should be a matter of adding the subdir; in-tree builds never
use ftp_config.h (in tree builds rely on httpd ./configure to perform
mod_ftp related autoconf tests, and load ap_config.h/ap_config_auto.h
instead of ftp_config.h).

If this is voted in, I'm thinking the local-docs could easily live in
http://httpd.apache.org/modules/mod_ftp/docs/ for now, with an official
module page at http://httpd.apache.org/modules/mod_ftp/ (similar to the
mod_mbox official page).

Bill