On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:49:43PM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 1:45 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Caching experts --  why do memcache and diskcache have seemingly quite
> > different caching strategies when it comes to storing the headers ?
> > E.g. the cache_object_t * is populated with the status/date/etc data
> > in memcache - but not in disk-cache. Is this work in progress or
> > subtle design ?
> >
> > I am trying to understand (got  a working mod_memcached_cache.c* --
> > and cannot quite get the right VARY behaviour).
>
> If I had to guess I'd say it's because people have actually been
> working on disk cache, while mem cache has been largely ignored for a
> while.

Definitely! I remember the original patches tried to create some nice
abstractions so that more logic would move into mod_cache propery than
in mod_*_cache, but there turned out to be so many corner cases within
mod_disk_cache itself - and noone seems to /use/ mod_mem_cache - that
that fell by the wayside :/

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]