Thanks for your responses, but what I want to do with the transfer time
information (which I hope can be known from tcp_get_info) is to give priority
to the request of the fastest connection first (which can be calculated with
size of file/transfer time). I use Apache code to give the priority but I need
information about the connection to do that. Or you can give/advice me
something/part in Apache that provide the transfer time of A PACKET THAT JUST
SENT? I will really happy to know that. Thank you very much

-- Niko Sianipar --

Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Feb 7, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:39:14PM +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>> Have a look at the ntp protocol - it is fairly effective at this -
>> and I would not rule out that you'd be able to do something similar
>> (abeit less accurate) on a keep-alive connection.
>
> NTP does it via phase-lock loop, and it's pretty clever alright, a PLL
> could be applied to the back and forth traffic for HTTP alright, as
> long
> as the implementor took great care to work around things like accept
> filters (so throw away the first session). It'd be interesting,
> mod_youre_on_sattellite_broadband ;-)

I just tried it with a bit of ajaxy/javascript on a keep alive
connection - but did not get very far - no convergence -- but that may
be as the CGI is not called with predictable enough a delay -- a
module may be indeed what is needed.

Dw

Bergabunglah dengan orang-orang yang berwawasan, di bidang Anda di Yahoo!
Answers