On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Guenter Knauf wrote:
Hi (Bill?),
another dev just asked me privately about apxs for Win32....
does this meanwhile work on Win32?
And if so can we perhaps ship it with future distros?
I think that would make sense since the include and lib dir is already included....

Dunno if Randy's package has been updated for trunk, 2.2 etc, but
it's been mentioned several times that this should be incorporated
back into httpd.  (It was dropped with 2.0, after I solved it for 1.3,
given the additional complexity behind the autocrap/libfool stuff we
introduced into httpd 2.0).

So maybe it's time to get cracking ;-)

Bill

The apxs win32 package does work for 2.2. I'm not sure the
best way to incorporate this into the httpd build; as a
first step, I've placed at
   http://people.apache.org/~randyk/
an install_win32_apxs.zip which can be used as
   nmake -f install_win32_apxs.mak INSTDIR=C:\Path\to\Apache2.x
to install apxs, apr-config, and apu-config. This assumes
a point in the installation when Apache has been installed
(eg, towards the end of httpd's Makefile.win). Compared to
the apxs utility at
   http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/
this version is more minimalistic (no user prompts, etc.);
the modules used are included with modern versions of
Perl.

One thing it does assume is that Perl is in the PATH; I'm
not sure how to check for this in the Makefile.

--
best regards,
Randy