Charles Fry wrote:
Greetings Apache Developers,

We have implemented an Apache module which needs to process incoming
Expect headers for non-100-expectations. The version of
server/protocol.c currently in the trunk has a hard-coded Expect
header check that handles "Expect: 100-continue", but fails on any
other expectation. It would seem consistent with the general
modularization of the the httpd server to be able to allow
non-100-expectations to be accepted and processed when desired. We
would be glad to help make the code modifications to accommodate such
functionality, if that would facilitate making such a change. Let us
know how to best proceed to enable non-100-expectations in httpd.

Hm.

We talked about things like that in the WebDAV WG years ago.

The problem with Expect is that it's hop-to-hop... (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#rfc.section.14.20>). So how do you deploy new expectation codes when you need to pass through proxies???

BR, Julian