On May 6, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Nick Gearls wrote:

Just a little adding: by adding "LoadFile libgcc_s.so.1" in httpd.conf, I don't have any more file in the chroot (except "htdocs" if not in pure proxy mode).

Is there a patch for the docs as well ? Including above trick ?

Nick Gearls wrote:
I'm running the patch for one week on a production server, and it works perfectly (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=611483 ). When using Apache as a reverse proxy, the chroot environment is totally empty (except libgcc_s.so.1).
Could we include this in next build ?
As it is very limited (basically 3 basic function calls plus the logging), it is trivial to review.
+1
Regards,
Nick
[... discussion about chroot effectiveness and letting the final choice to the user to use it or not ...]