Hi, this is a question about Apache module development. I'm not sure whether I'm writing to the right mailing list, but this topic doesn't seem belong to the user mailing list. Please forgive me if I should have sent this email to a different mailing list.

I'm planning on using shared memory in my Apache module. This shared memory contains data structures, and will be read from and written to by all the Apache processes and threads. Needless to say, the data structures must be kept in a consistent state.

So I'm wondering whether the prefork and worker MPM will ever forcefully child processes. If that happens then I won't be able to keep my data structures in a consistent state.

Regards,
Hongli Lai