Hello everybody,

I'm using a machine here that already have Apache 2.2 installed (via
RPM), with all its modules working ok. One of my jobs is to test the
latest stable version of Apache, with some compiler flags activated, and
I have to guarantee that it's working normally in this machine.

Well, as Apache does not provide any "native" testsuite (i.e., make
check, make test, etc), I found Apache Test Project
<http://httpd.apache.org/test/> and I'm trying to use it now. The
problem is:

1) How can I test the Apache version I just built without having to
install it over the "original" Apache from my system?

2) I already installed "my" Apache in a temporary directory (changing
the PREFIX in configure). After that, I did:

#> perl Makefile.PL -apxs /home/sergio/tmp/bin/apxs

Which worked well. But then, when I try to run the testsuite:

#> t/TEST
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c
unlimited; /usr/bin/perl /home/sergio/work/src/p/httpd-framework/t/TEST
sh: /usr/sbin/httpd: No such file or directory
sh: /usr/sbin/httpd: No such file or directory
sh: /usr/sbin/httpd: No such file or directory
[  error] cannot start server: httpd (/usr/sbin/httpd) does not exist

How can I point the correct place where "my" Apache is installed, so
that the testsuite won't try to run the system's Apache?

So, can you give me a hand on this problem? :-)

Sérgio Durigan Júnior
Linux on Power Toolchain - Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - LTC
IBM Brazil