On Jul 24, 2008, at 2:18 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 07/24/2008 09:32 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+1, but who is behaving correctly currently mod_cgi or mod_cgid?

The BNF from Ken's CGI RFC site seems to support the 1.3/mod_cgi
interpretation (++ results in null strings in argv)

http://ken.coar.org/cgi/draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.html#5.0

 search-string = search-word *( "+" search-word )
 search-word   = 1*schar

Doesn't this mean search-word must contain at least one schar?
So ++ would be invalid.

I misread what the * was attached to -- I agree with you (favoring mod_cgid)

It makes more sense to think in terms of recreating the URI from
whatever is passed.  The mod_cgid behavior is losing data if you
look at it that way.  I don't know if it matters, but I would prefer
the old mod_cgi behavior be retained.

....Roy