On 09/02/2008 03:29 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+    /*
+     * In the case that we are handling a reverse proxy connection and this
+     * is not a request that is coming over an already kept alive connection
+     * with the client, do NOT reuse the connection to the backend, because
+     * we cannot forward a failure to the client in this case as the client
+     * does NOT expects this in this situation.
+     * Yes, this creates a performance penalty.
+     */
+    if ((r->proxyreq == PROXYREQ_REVERSE) && (!c->keepalives)
+        && (apr_table_get(r->subprocess_env, "proxy-initial-not-pooled"))) {
+        backend->close = 1;
+    }
+

Reviewing backport at a high level, am I following correctly?
"forward a failure" here is closing the TCP connection to the client
server, and the browser doesn't go into the same recovery if we do
this on the initial request.

Correct.

Regards

RĂ¼diger