William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Oden Eriksson wrote:
Den Wednesday 08 October 2008 19:50:06 skrev William A. Rowe, Jr.:
Akins, Brian wrote:
On 10/7/08 8:49 PM, "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sure sounds like this is a re-initialization of mysql, with apr and php
fighting for the honors.
I thought the "official" support of php was fastcgi only in httpd 2.2
????
Given the headaches he is encountering, I'd think that php-fastcgi would be
the ideal solution.
vhosting does not work very well with apache, without band-aids like fastcgi etc. that's a shame.

If you mean mass vhosting of untrusted content, and are still letting authors
write perl and php without knowing where to hunt them down when their scripts
or they personally mess around in their in-process, non-sandbox environment,
you are being foolish.

In-process modperl/modphp is for hosting trusted content.  You'll have to give
them a very restricted language, such as sed or awk, if you want to keep their
fingers away from the dangerous buttons.  Or host them under [fast]cgi which
is what that environment is created for.

I agree completely. Maybe we should finish our mod_proxy_fcgi module or try to import mod_fcgid :-)

But, I don't have time to work on mod_proxy_fcgi.

So.... Can we ask the mod_fcgid project if we could import it?

Discuss :-)

Thanks,

Paul