On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One comment in the event version of ap_queue_info_wait_for_idler confuses
> me:
>
> * A negative value in queue_info->idlers tells how many
> *     threads are waiting on an idle worker.
>
> IMHO this would require ap_queue_info_wait_for_idler to be called by
> different threads,
> but I can only see calls via get_worker from the listener thread and AFAICT
> there
> is only one listener thread in event like in worker.
> Do I miss something here?

No, you didn't miss anything.  With the original event patch to the worker
MPM there were separate listener and event threads.  When Paul moved the
patch into the repository as the Event MPM he merged the two threads.  There
didn't seem to be a good reason to revert wait_for_idler back to the worker
behavior at the time.

I will take a look at the bug report and see if I understand the problem.

Greg