Neither. There is a situation in the proxy where we are willing
to read large chunks of the backend response (ProxyIOBuffersize)
at once but could't do this. An apr_bucket_read from a socket bucket
delivers at most 8000 bytes regardless if there is more data available
to read in the TCP buffers.

Regards

Rüdiger