Ruediger Pluem wrote:

On 12/09/2008 02:06 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
On Dec 8, 2008, at 7:43 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Paul Querna wrote:
The change fixed velocity.apache.org, but broke www.apache.org.

All of this sub-request + output filter stuff started in r620133 kinda
needs some more thought.
My thought is that fast_internal_subrequest (which I last refactored, but
was bogusly introduced for mod_negotiation) must die, now.

Votes?

Can we simply revert r620133 (et.al.) and then start from *that*
point? That is, get to a known OK state and then boot
fast_internal_subrequest?

Currently I would be more keen to know the issues we are still facing, so
that we can keep these cases and issues in mind when we do a rewrite of
this stuff.

Applying the patch invsersed the working directoy indexes.

velocity worked, but www.apache.org stopped working. Deflate was loaded in both cases.

www.a.o didn't have SSI, or any othe rfilters to my knowledge, soI'd guess the patch broke it in anothe subtle way...

-Paul