On Jan 12, 2009 8:49am, traw...@gmail.com wrote:
wrt backporting:
I think that modern Linux and modern Solaris, perhaps the only platforms
tested so far, both work for the same reason under the covers. Has anyone tested with regular poll()? If not, I can try to test another platform or at least dumb down APR to bypass epoll/event queue/etc.

I tested prefork on OpenSolaris with ac_cv_func_port_create=no (ie, use poll()) and it worked with/without the patch. I tested on Leopard (kevent) and it appeared to work with/without the patch, but I'm not very confident that I was able to reproduce the right timing window.

I've proposed for backport to 2.2.x.