Hi Brian,

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM, M. Brian Akins <br...@akins.org> wrote:

> We want to be able to get back to "stock" mod_lua, but it's just too darned
> slow right now :(  Having some type of per-allocation and long lived
> LuaStates helps this allot.  All the C stuff is done that way (in memory
> once, ran many times) and I'd like to be able to do the Lua stuff the same
> way without having to bolt on yet another bakins-specific module.

What do you call "slow" ? Do you have benchmarks ?
I have used the current version and it seems more robust than the
previous one although I couldn't say why it feels this way. I am not
sure it is a good idea to have long lived lua states. Do you have an
example of applications that could benefit from this ? Isn't this a
way to shoot yourself in the foot ?

-----
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam