On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:16, Joe Lewis <j...@joe-lewis.com> wrote:

> I understand - you are using both directory AND server side configs.
>  directory configs do not get created until a request.  And a merge should
> never return the same structure, meaning you should get new configs.  Even
> the directory configs don't get created until the request comes in.  In the
> handler, try setting two distinct variables, one to the server side and one
> to the directory config, and you should definitely see a difference.
>
> Well done!
> Joe

Well, sort of. I think I can hack it to fix the problem now, but I still
don't understand why the problem is occurring. I don't actually have any
directory configs, they're all virtuat-host-level configs (unless those
qualify as directory configs?) When I output the results of my merge, I see
the server-merge occur, followed by the child_init, but the child_init does
not receive the results of server-merge. This is simplest to show with the
end of the output:

acfg and bcfg are the arguments to the merge calback. cfg is the result that
the merge callback returns
merge_server    {acfg: 0x2b45d35e79d0    bcfg:0x2b45dc2385f0    cfg:
0x2b45dc26fff0}
merge_dir    {acfg: 0x2b45d35e79e8    bcfg:0x2b45dc2385d8    cfg:
0x2b45dc270458}
child_init    {pid: 2800    cfg:0x2b45d35e79d0        server:
0x2b45d355f968} <-- recieving the acfg from the merge_server, not the return
value of the merge_server
create new
handler        {pid: 2800    cfg:0x2b45dc26fff0        server:
0x2b45dc2361b8}  <-- recieving the return value of the merge_server
create new

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

-dave
man...@gmail.com