On 2/25/09 11:23 AM, "Brian McCallister" <bri...@skife.org> wrote:
>It can use Brian's thread scope approach (thugh I
> actually want to change it to add the pool still, and backport all the
> rest of the trunk changes),

I was thinking about this, and I think having "direct" access to the theead
from request_rec is not needed.  If we manage the array of pools from within
mod_lua, then you can just handle it there.  This array only needs to get
created if we have "thread/server" scoped vm's.  My horrible patch I
submitted a while back did it that way.

Also, does the idea of a vm_spec still make sense?

I'd really like a buildable version for 2.2.

FWIW, we hacked up several modules to add Lua support to them and I'd like
to port these to the "official" mod_lua if possible, as we are using our
hacked (well, now completely rewritten) version of mod_wombat.  We have
memcache, geoip, and some of or internal modules all with lua support now.
Usually the lua "glue" code is less than 100 lines of C.

I wish we could have a hackathon.  We could knock out a bunch of this things
in one sitting, I think.

--
Brian Akins