On 13 Mar 2009, at 01:50, Loyal wrote:

To accomplish all this, I thought I'd create a modified version of mod_dav
for Apache and run this non-standard config on a dedicated box.

In principle that makes perfect sense.  What you need to do is (mostly)
to create a new fs provider for mod_dav, using mod_dbd to provide
the backend.

In practice that's a lot more complex than it should be: support in
mod_dav for alternative providers is patchy.

Having BTDT (up to a point), if I were to revisit this task I'd want
to update the core mod_dav quite significantly, rather than always
try to work around its shortcomings (as I did at the time).

--
Nick Kew