On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:17:08 +0100
Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net> wrote:

> I need the include virtual directive to be able to issue POST
> requests. It should pass the request body to the subrequest. So I
> came up with the attached patch.

Did you mean to attach something?

> It allows to write
>
>   <!--#include method="post" virtual="..." --> or
>   <!--#include method="inherit" virtual="..." -->

Erm ... that's ringing alarm bells.  The client, not the
server, determines HTTP methods.  Or are you talking about
proxied subrequests here?

> One problem remains. What if the HTML author uses that method=post
> thing twice? The first call has consumed the post body. The second
> will try to read something but the client has already sent all it can.

You'd want something like mod_request or mod_form to parse the data
and make them available to other modules in a convenient form.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/