I reviewed your patch and found some issues with it.

(All cases below use Name based virtual hosting and a non SNI client):

1. Renegotiation due to more restrictive cipher requirements:

Lets say the first virtual host allows cipher A and B.
The handshake with the client decided to use A.
The virtual host the client switches to later also allows A and B.
But /restricted in this host only allows B.
In this case a request to /restricted does not cause a renegotiation
but it should.

2. The verification depth check causes unneeded renegotiations which
   break the ssl v2 tests in the perl framework (No dicussion here please
   whether we should still support SSL v2 :-))

There might be further issues but I currently have no time to check.

I think we both agree that without this patch from you name based virtual
hosting with SSL is definitely unsafe.
I haven't analyzed any further if the above issues are fixable or not
and I admit that I currently have no resources to do so.

Regards

Rüdiger