On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed 15 Apr 2009, Dan Poirier wrote:
> >> I'm wondering - what's the state of Apache::Test and httpd/test?  Are
> >> there active developers using them who understand how they work?  Or
> >> have they fallen into disuse?
> >>
> >> Background: I wanted to see if I could write some tests for the new
> >> SNI features, so I started looking at Apache::Test.  Unfortunately
> >> it's been some years since I had my head deep into the Perl way of
> >> doing things, and even after looking over the documentation, I think
> >> it would take me a long time to get to the point where I could write
> >> new tests there.
> >
> > The modperl users list modp...@perl.apache.org is for you. I think
> > you'll find answers very shortly.
>
> Thanks, if I decide to use Apache::Test I'll go there.
>
> I'm still wondering if Apache developers in general (outside the modperl
> folks) are still actively using Apache::Test?

Issues with the failure of one testcase or another (mod_negotiation,
mod_include, ssl FakeBasicAuth) have been discussed recently on this list.
Sometimes information about pass rate is discussed when testing a proposed
release tarball.  (And FWIW, it found an OS bug the last time I set it up
with a new Solaris development build.)

There's not much activity, but AFAIK its the only game in town for sharing
httpd testcases.