Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Apr 30, 2009, at 4:04 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

j...@apache.org wrote:
Author: jim
Date: Mon Apr 27 15:02:40 2009
New Revision: 769020
Log:
Fold in initial template for methods to be able to
reset (initialize) and "age" their data, useful when
adding new workers, or when workers come back into
the fold....
Logic and code to come in a bit :)

In fact the reset() allow to create the worker but we will still create it in the mod_proxy_balancer, correct?

Yes... plus, reset means different things to each balancer, since they
use different vars for tracking

So the reset is going to be call in the add_member() just after ap_proxy_add_worker_to_balancer() correct?

+++
runtime->id = proxy_lb_workers;
proxy_lb_workers++;
+++
In fact prevents that reset() to be able to generate id for worker.
In mod_cluster for example I have a saved configuration of worker and I am restoring on cold restart I would like the id to be the slotmem id, does it make sense to move the id generation to the reset()?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic