On May 14, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Chris Darroch wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

On May 14, 2009, at 3:36 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

Yeah... when a do is done, we want to ensure that
none of the slots change since we are touching all slots.
In general, we assume that with get and put, only one thread is
touch any particular slot at one time.

 What about multiple processes performing a put() on the same
slot?  It sounds like the current use case tends to be strictly
intra-process, but the API doesn't require that, I believe.

Well, my assumption is that only 1 thread would be working
on a slot at a given time (thinking of scoreboard as an
example), but agree that that might be short-sighted :)