Looking over the mod_ftp documentation, I don't see a way to do this,
but maybe I'm just missing it.

Can I arrange for anyone logging into the mod_ftp server to start out in
some subdirectory of the document root?  I want a fixed directory, not
something that depends on their user name.

For extra credit, can I keep them restricted to that directory and
subdirectories of it?

Concrete example:

<VirtualHost _default_:21>
FTP On
DocumentRoot /var/share/ftpdocs
</VirtualHost>

When Alice or Bob log in, I want them to be looking at the files in
/var/share/ftpdocs/interesting/directory, and 'pwd' should return
'/interesting/directory'.

They should be able to access anything under
there, but not anything outside that subtree.

--
Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>