On 20.09.2009 16:01, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 3:24 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <wr...@rowe-clan.net <mailto:wr...@rowe-clan.net>> wrote:
>
>     Rainer Jung wrote:
>     > On 19.09.2009 09:27, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>     >> Rainer Jung wrote:
>     >>> On 19.09.2009 04:27, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>     >>>> Yes, if anyone wants to suggest an update that lets us nuke man/
>     >>>> without modifying the xml, that would be cool.  Can we have a
>     conditional
>     >>>> on an 'exists' sort of criteria?
>     >>> Like this?
>     >> Badda bing, badda boom.... if you commit, I'll review before
>     rolling :)
>     >
>     > I committed as r816938. Note that this was for trunk only.
>     > The files are identical in 2.2.x, but I wanted to wait for the review
>     > before eventually backporting. To make it work for mod_ftp and
>     > mod_fcgid, we either need to backport, or switch those modules to
>     using
>     > the style directory from trunk. And then we can remove the empty man
>     > directory.
>
>     Running the mod_ftp generate-docs target fresh, things are dying.
>
>     I expected they might fail at manual/programs/ but it turns out they
>     are dying with docs/man/ ... please review before I proceed to tag
>     either ftp or fcgid modules ;-)
>

> hmmm...
>
> I just checked out fcgid and ftp trunk, and this worked fine in each:
>
> APXS=$HOME/inst/22/bin/apxs ./configure.apxs && make generate-docs

The same here, it works for me to, using a fresh checkout of both
modules, and building out of tree against httpd 2.2.x.

You need to have your java setup (JAVA_HOME). I used 1.4.2, but it will
work with newer versions to.

A problem I noticed before was with garbage files located in the
docs/manual directory. E.g. I had a build and a build.old under it,
which made the docs generation bomb.

Notice also, that "make generate-docs" will not update manual/build or
manual/style if they already exist. You need to remove them in order to
pick up the new version.

Which error do you get?

Regards,

Rainer